Night Noodle Markets Sydney

Monday, October 19, 2015

I decided to take some time to myself and explore the Night Noodle Market in Sydney's Hyde Park last week, but I mentioned it at my work meeting and we decided to turn it into a little trip which was really nice. So what started as a "I'll drop by and check it out" turned almost into quite a meal because they were all super keen as well.

There was a great vibe - I loved all the lights and decorations, although it was still quite early when I got there and the sun was still up. The music helped create that buzzing atmosphere too.

It's good that I'm spending time with different people and that I'm doing things for me - I wanted to go to the Night Noodle Markets just because for me, and even though I did some social media stuff I ended up taking some photos to document my food adventures as well. It was enjoyable either way - and I've been taking some time off lately to get myself ready for everything this week (which is going to be intense).

I had a barbecue and satay potato twist from Korean Potato Twist ($5) - which did not disappoint, even though it made me feel so guilty - and a BBQ Chicken ($6) skewer from Hoy Pinoy (Filipino). Junk food craving satisfied.
My highlight has to be the Sweet Potato Balls ($9) from Pasar Malam (Malaysian) - I literally could not resist when I saw them in the stall next to One Tea Lounge when I was lining up with my friend to buy her Ice Cream Baogers from One Tea Lounge since I'm an absolute sucker for sweet potato. 
Left to right: Sweet Potato Balls from Pasar Malam and Ice Cream Baogers in Green Tea and Sesame from One Tea Lounge.
It even beat the Bao Chicka Bao Bao (deep fried Bao bun with peanut gelato, $12) from Messina - that was very nice but I somewhat wished I'd gotten the Great Balls of Fryer (deep fried ice cream) because it would've been easier to eat and the Bao Bun got quite difficult to break off. Either way it was some really great food. No regrets.
I wish I had time to go back and have a proper meal there, especially from Bao Stop - there was a really great selection of Western-Eastern fusion dishes and it made me happy seeing all the wonderful food. Eating it made me even happier, even though it's not exactly the best for my waistline (especially with these quantities of fried food shh), and I just had a great experience in general and it was great to spend some time out. Also got a cheeky cider ($9) while I was there to wrap up the experience.
Me and my cider. 
Total Bill: $30 (since I technically didn't pay for the rest)
= $9 (Sweet Potato Balls) + $12 (Messina Bao Burger) + $9 (Cider)

Food: 4/5
Price: $$
Service: 3/5
Ambience 3/5

Details and Links:
During 8th to 25th of October for 2015
Website: http://sydney.goodfoodmonth.com/noodlemarkets
Location: Hyde Park, Sydney near St James Station


Did you go to the Night Noodle Markets? What did you try? Let me know in the comments below!

With love, Sarah x 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. omg the food from messina looks SO GOOD (I forgot to grab some when I went last week omg :( ) would recommend the Bao place though! And also tried the Blackstar x N2 deserts :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to go back and visit the Bao place because when I went I wasn't having dinner (and I just wanted to try desserts) - maybe next year! Blackstar x N2 also sounded pretty good :D

      Delete

Popular Posts

Instagram

Twitter