La Perouse | Summer is Calling

Monday, October 03, 2016

It's been about four months since I've written (or had the capacity to write) something on this blog but after spending a lot of time at home this week and a lot of time just doing nothing during the midsem (even though I had four weeks to catch up on), I finally feel like I can. It's hard a lot of the time since I don't have anything substantial to say especially if I'm living and breathing revue, uni and work - but it's good to have time again (even if it means procrastinating).

I am quite happy with this photo. #photographyadventures Thanks to my sister for being a great model without wanting to be xoxo. She also has a great book blog, so check it out.
My dad decided to bundle the family in the car and drive us down to Port Botany/La Perouse on Sunday and the result was a day by the seaside and a lot of photos. Even though this was meant to be family time, I ended up wandering off on my own (or with my sister) and we kinda just took a lot of photos and I spent a lot of time watching a couple try to take wedding shots down on the rocks. I honestly felt bad for her since she was trying to navigate those rocks in high heels - but it's all part of the things you do for art. They'll have some amazing photos for sure.
My dad shipped us off (in a car) to Port Botany, giving us about 15 minutes notice. It was nice watching planes take off and land, and ships arrive and leave the harbour - it was surprisingly calming.
Actually, my family make good photo subjects.
So what's been happening?

Law Revue has come and gone along with the more insane highs and lows (compared to last year), I became a Producer for Med Revue and I signed up for something called Global Village, meaning you can expect a lengthy post in December about my experience as a volunteer for SAE LAO in Laos. I stayed in Bondi for a week with a friend and that was the most fun I've had for while, and I've realised that my eating patterns over the last two months were terrible, meaning that my body would crash and I would lack energy a lot of the time. I started a new job in marketing located a few minutes walk from the famous Bar Luca (literally the most amazing burgers in Sydney), I lost some demerit points for a really stupid reason and it's been a tough juggling act between holding onto some friendships, making new ones and letting a relationship grow. But I think it's all worked out, in the most part.

I've also been putting a lot less of my life online - maybe it's because I no longer feel a need to (but let's be real, it's just too time consuming). Maybe this is because studying social media technologies in an arts course also puts me off (trust me, I've written an essay about selfies) or maybe it's to do with turning the big 20. Either way, live life how you want to because you can still enjoy life - which is the most important part.
Yeah, this was actually a candid. I look somewhat awkward in the posing one - but hey at least I didn't have to struggle and walk on rocks in 10cm heels. | Photo: Katrina Wu
I actually spent a chunk of my time watching a bride and groom take their wedding photos and I didn't know whether to laugh or feel sorry for the bride when she was trying to walk on rocks in 10cm heels in a wedding dress. It looked like a massive struggle and I'm glad she eventually took off her shoes - but it just makes me think, those shoes will be ruined. Ruined for art? I think so.

I also spent some time people watching - I find that peaceful even though it sounds slightly creepy. It's not though, I promise.
La Perouse & the 'Wikipedia bridge'. So beautiful and peaceful, despite all the traffic, trouble finding parking and the abundance of people.
The warmer weather makes me want to hit up some beaches or new, scenic places with friends and have a nice day chilling or exploring, but inside (aha) I know this won't happen until November with all the assessments, exams and events happening in the next month and half. Somehow, it's just not the same with family, but it is different in its own way.

I feel really nostalgic for the warmer weather, but mostly the memories associated with driving around with the windows down, music blasting and picking a place to go on the whim. If I've learnt anything over the last year, it's how to let go and not feel like I need to be in control all the time, how to (and remember to) stand on my own feet and to be grateful for the beautiful moments that become amazing memories because I know there will be times like this where I'll look back to get me through the less carefree days.
I like candids. There also seems to be a lack of faces in all these photos. | Photo: My dad
Good luck with getting through next period of exams and assessments friends. Take care, drink lots of water and stay healthy - and I'll see you on the other side.

What have you been up to?

With love, Sarah x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Twitter