THE SCRIPT | No Sound Without Silence Tour (Part 1)

Monday, May 04, 2015

Last Friday night, I was fortunate enough to see The Script in concert at Allphones Arena. I am so so glad that I bought a ticket and went to see them, because they were bloody amazing.
Photo: The Script entering the arena through the mosh pit
To be honest, I wasn't a huge fan of The Script and the only reason why I bought a ticket was because one of my friends really wanted me to go as well - initially I was hesitant because I was already seeing Ed Sheeran (25/3/15) and Taylor Swift this year and I didn't want to spend so much money on just concert tickets. But eventually I caved in and we bought tickets as a group.

I currently have post concert withdrawal/depression and I'm trying to relive the night by watching all their videos and interviews... 


To compare it to concerts I've been to, it was a good mixture of the best bits of Ed Sheeran's ability to involve the crowd and Taylor Swift's theatricality and stage use. But I feel it was better than both because I didn't know what to expect (unlike Ed) and it felt more intimate (unlike Taylor's 40,000 RED Concert). Don't get me wrong, I still absolutely love Ed Sheeran, but good seats and an amazing performance really makes such a difference. They're also a little lesser known - this is actually the smallest concert I've been to so far tour wise. Although I'm working on going to an all standing event and also to a massive music festival like Coachella or BBC Radio One's Big Weekend...

The moment the opening act, Colton Avery, came on (here's a link to his facebook page), I was hooked. He's really great and he has a really powerful and soulful voice - if you're fan of Ed Sheeran or Sam Smith or singer-songwriters you will mostly likely enjoy his music too. He stepped in after Labrinth and then Tinie Tempah pulled out of opening the show so he had pretty big shoes to fill - but I thought he was really good. He was a few days from giving up and getting a proper job at Mcdonald's or something similar before he played a gig and opened for The Script, and they bought his CD. Later they contacted him and signed him and now he he is, touring with them in Australia. It sucks that he doesn't have any online records (or at least I didn't buy a CD) and the only video he has is one on Facebook - Weatherman (I'm addicted!).
The Script were incredible - everything from the light show to the atmosphere the band created with their sound, energy and just by goofing around. The first song had me dancing in my seat, and as the show kept going, the songs became more emotional and I honestly forgot how emotional some of their songs were. I was so excited when they disappeared in the dark and ended up on the B stage, really close to where I was sitting! I was honestly screaming so much - I was so happy that they brought the show to us. Some of the things they did was absolutely wonderful - Danny made his way through the mosh pit and the stands with his gopro, interacting with fans and taking photos with them as he performed and that truly made my night. 

I was so disappointed when they left after their 'final song' - we were all left cheering for so long that I thought they wouldn't return. Thank goodness they did, because I couldn't take the suspense anymore. Safe to say, I've been converted. I love how down to earth they are too - they're so genuine and they truly do love what they do. They seriously appreciate all their fans. It was amazing. I'll let the photos speak for themselves. (Kudos to Steph who helped take some of these).
#TheScriptNSWSTour #TheScriptFamily
It was truly a night to remember.

With love, Sarah x

To see part 2, click here: THE SCRIPT | No Sound Without Silence Tour (Part 2)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Twitter